For us, sustainability is OUAI important. There’s room for improvement but we’re constantly working toward a better OUAI, because ultimately, getting greener means doing good for our earth. Keep reading to learn how we're reducing our environmental impact.
Recyclable Shampoos & Conditioners:
Our Detox Shampoo is recyclable, just like all our FINE, MEDIUM, and THICK Shampoos and Conditioners. The bottle and cap are 100% recyclable and made from PCR, or Post Consumer Resin, which is a material that's made from plastic that's been recycled, cleaned, and processed.
Benefits of PCR:
- Less plastic end up in landfills
- Smaller carbon footprint
- Less microplastics end up in the environment
- Plus, it can be recycled again and again!
What other OUAI products are recyclable? Here’s a breakdown.
100% Recyclable + made from PCR:
- FINE Shampoo & Conditioner
- MEDIUM Shampoo & Conditioner
- THICK Shampoo & Conditioner
- Treatment Masques
- Body Cleanser
- Chill Pills
- Finishing Crème
- Curl Crèmes
- Hand Crème
- Fur Bébé
- Leave In Conditioner
- Wave Spray
- Volume Spray
- Air Dry Foam
- Hair Oil
- Body Crème
- Scalp & Body Scrub
- + all our aerosols!
Other OUAIs we’re getting greener:
- We use recyclable plastics whenever and as much as possible
- We only work with vendors committed to sustainable methods
- Our packaging and shipping is as sustainable as possible
- We have a sustainable yet stylish Refillable Travel Bottle Kit so you can take OUAI wherever you go
- We offer Refill Pouches for our FINE, MEDIUM, and THICK Shampoos and Conditioners, Detox Shampoo, Body Cleanser, as well as our Hand Lotion and Hand Wash
Why Refill Pouches?
- They use 60% less plastic than rigid bottles
- They require less manufacturing and transport
- They generate less CO2
- They take up less room in landfills
- Plus, they allow everyone who’s OUAI obsessed to refill three bottles per pouch, for the price of two, while doing some good for the earth
What other sustainability initiatives do you want to see from us? We’re listening!
Save your hair and your planet—head to our Sustainability Shop