We believe you’re the best version of yourself when you Live Life Your OUAI. In honor of Pride, we will be supporting and donating $200,000 to LGBTQ organizations throughout the month of June.
According to a survey conducted across more than 28,000 LGBTQ young people ages 13 to 24 in the United States conducted by The Trevor Project, the LGBTQ community and LGBTQ youth in particular still need our support.
- 41% of LGBTQ young people seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year — and young people who are transgender, nonbinary, and/or people of color reported higher rates than their peers.
- 56% of LGBTQ young people who wanted mental health care in the past year were not able to get it.
- Fewer than 40% of LGBTQ young people found their home to be LGBTQ-airming.
- Nearly 1 in 3 LGBTQ young people said their mental health was poor most of the time or always due to anti-LGBTQ policies and legislation.
- Nearly 2 in 3 LGBTQ young people said that hearing about potential state or local laws banning people from discussing LGBTQ people at school made their mental health a lot worse.
This Pride month, we are supporting organizations that create safe spaces for the LGBTQ community, are there for them in times of need and working towards suicide prevention, provide housing for those who leave their homes or are experiencing homelessness and work for LGBT people to feel like healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
Learn More About Each Organization
THE TREVOR PROJECT
This organization’s goal is to end suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people.
ALI FORNEY CENTER
Founded in memory of Ali Forney, this non-profit helps protect homeless LGBTQ+ youth from the harms of homelessness & empowers them with tools to live independently.
LOS ANGELES LGBT CENTER
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is working to build a better world, a world in which LGBT people can be healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
STRANDS FOR TRANS
This non-profit is on a mission to create more trans-friendly barbershops and hair salons.
Show your Pride and join us in supporting these organizations by donating.
*Information from The Trevor Project’s 2023 U.S. National Survey on the Mental Health