Jen Atkin's Fall Hair Trend Prediction
After living her best long-hair life thanks to OUAI Thin Hair Supplements, Jen moseyed on into 90210's Ramirez Tran Salon ahead of New York Fashion Week for a snip here, there, everywhere–for what resulted in a Pulp Fiction blunt bob and fringe sitch that so suits our fall palate's fancy. Itching to switch our strands up now, we consulted the tress trendsetter herself on what 'do she predicts is going to dominate fall. Keep reading to find out what she said! Hint: Don't shy away from the shears.
I think the blunt bob is definitely a look we're going to be seeing a lot of this season. It's the perfect cut for fall, and it's good for girls who want to get rid of their dry summer ends. Changing up your hair color to warmer tones is another great way to welcome September for those girls that color their hair.
What to Consider
A blunt bob looks good on just about everyone , but full disclosure—this style will not look the same on everyone, so it's important to embrace your natural hair and own it! While cutting it, your stylist should keep in mind your hair texture, since some girls may have wavy and curly hair. But you don't need a specific hair texture to pull the look off—just rock your natural texture, throw some hair accessories in it, and make it your own.
How to Style the Blunt Bob
- Prep the hair with the OUAI Smooth Spray
- Use a large brush to blow dry smooth, working with 1-inch sections
- Flat iron the hair, starting at the nape of the neck and working your way up, making sure to continue grabbing small 1-inch sections
- Apply the OUAI Hair Oil for a silky finish and a dab of OUAI Matte Pomade to the ends for a clean, chic look
- Spray down any flyaways down using the OUAI Medium Hair Spray
The Jen Atkin X Chloe + Isabel collection has a range of different accessories to choose from. To rock that 90's vibe we've been seeing a lot of lately, the Pearl Pins are perfect to wear right below your part and add a little glam to any look you're rocking.
SHOP THE BLUNT BOB ESSENTIALS