If you still can't create flat iron waves to save your life but are obsessed with OUAI Crush Nitsan Raiter's boho-chic waves from Coachella, we found a solution. To create Nitsan's Shakira-inspired waves, LA-based hairstylist Danny Newsham used a hot tool that has deep barrels built into it which means it clamps your hair and creates the waves for you within seconds. Genius, right? He also used a regular flat iron to wave select pieces but if the flat iron life isn't for you, stick with the waver. Keep reading for details on which one Danny used plus the OUAI products that perfected the textured festival look.
- Using a T3 2.5" Round Brush, take big sections of hair and blow dry with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer to prevent frizz
- Once finished blowdrying the hair, add Luxy Hair Clip-In Extensions for fullness
- Apply OUAI Memory Mist Heat Protectant on each section before waving random sections with the Bed Head Wave Artist Ceramic Deep Waver
- Go in with the GHD Platinum+ Styler to create tight waves
- Apply OUAI Hair & Body Shine Mist from mid-shaft to ends for dewy glow
- Spray OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray all over for lived-in texture
- Shake out the waves then set the look with OUAI Medium Hair Spray