New Year's Eve is the one night you can shun every doubt in your head that you suck at doing hair, and actually create a really cool hairstyle. At least with this easy rope braid ponytail that's true. Ring in 2019 in a sleek, twisted style that requires a five-year-old's skill level but looks like it came off the catwalk. Ahead, you'll find that all you need to get the rope braid ponytail is a hair elastic, Matte Pomade, Hair Oil, and Medium Hair Spray. Go on—slay your midnight mane.
- Smooth hair back into a ponytail and secure
- Rub Matte Pomade between fingers then take a half inch strand of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, securing with a bobby pin
- Divide the ponytail into two even sections and smooth each section with Matte Pomade
- Apply Hair Oil to palms then run hands along the length of each section to smooth flyaways, twisting each section as you smooth
- Once each section is twisted, create a rope-like effect by combining each section
- Secure with a snagless elastic (our favorite is Blax) then tamp down flyaways and set the look with Medium Hair Spray
- Hide any short hairs sticking out of the ponytail with Matte Pomade and French hair pins that match your hair color