When we mortals resort to throwing our strands up in a bun, we look like the result of five hours of Netflix and chilling, or a Barry's Bootcamp class. Yet when Kaia Gerber, superhuman daughter of supermodel Cindy Crawford wears the look, she resembles a real-life angel. At a New York event to celebrate her Hudson Jeans collaboration, Kaia proved that buns aren't reserved for the Sunday couch potato or gym rat. The straightforward style, when executed properly, can actually slay a step-and-repeat. Helping us reach our be-more-like-Kaia goals, Jen Atkin gives us a breakdown, including products, of Kaia's polished hairstyle, below.
- Prep hair with OUAI Smooth Spray
- Blow dry using the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer with Styling concentrator and Christophe Robin Detangling Hairbrush
- Flat iron using the Harry Josh Pro Tools Ceramic Flat Iron
- Apply OUAI Hair Oil to roots for shine
- Pull hair back and secure with a bungee
- Spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to flatten any flyaways, followed by a gold toothbrush to
- Fill in any sparse areas with Anastasia Pro Brow Palette
There's more updo where that came from—get Bella Hadid's contoured bun, here.