If you've ever tried your hand at the wet look in hopes of transforming into Kendall Jenner on the red carpet or Desi Perkins in Ibiza but discovered that the hairstyle is better in theory than in practice, you're not alone—we've been down that road. After a couple of sopping, crunchy hair disasters, we've learned that the key to a wet but weightless 'do is hair product portion control and a good diffuser. To avoid making your mane heavy and greasy, make sure you're applying products to damp hair in small amounts, increasing as needed. The prep here is super important because damp strands absorb product more quickly than dry hair does. And as for the diffuser, it's a sin to live without one if you have curly or wavy hair. Watch this tutorial if you're unsure how to use it properly. Now, ready to finally master the wet look? Keep scrolling for Jen Atkin's step-by-step to a foolproof wet wavy hairstyle à la Desi.
- Apply The Hair Shop Clip-In Body Wave Extensions for length and fullness
- Prep damp hair with OUAI Leave In Conditioner for soft, shiny waves later
- Massage R+Co Aircraft Pomade Mousse throughout damp hair
- Diffuse hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer with Diffuser Attachment on medium heat and speed
- Rub 1-2 pumps of OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil on mid-shaft to ends only
- Spray roots with Rita Hazan Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray
See these 15 wash and wear hairstyles perfect for every hair type