Styling lived-in waves on your own is tricky enough. For all that hard work to not last more than a day is just wrong. But there's a little secret to maintaining your beachy waves until your next wash—OUAI Memory Mist Heat Protectant. The high-octane heat primer protects hair pre-styling and locks in any style or texture. Here, bi-coastal hairstylist Melissa Hurkman shares how she whipped up these dreamy, airy waves that caught our eye, using Memory Mist.
- Prep the hair with the OUAI Memory Mist Heat Protectant then section off the crown of the hair to style it last
- Using the GHD Curve 1-inch Classic Curl Iron, curl vertical 1-inch sections in alternating directions (curl the sections that frame the face away from the face, then once you get to the section behind the ear, that’s when I alternate the wave pattern)
- Drag the clamped curling iron through the last inch or so of the hair to smooth the ends out
- Once you reach the crown, use your flat iron to create flat iron S-waves. Alternate the direction for each section for added texture
- Rub a nickel-sized amount of R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste through your fingers and massage it really well into the scalp (this will add grit and volume to the roots)
- Then spray IGK Beach Club Texture Spray through the mid-length of the hair for more texture and volume
- Finish off the look with the OUAI Medium Hair Spray to seal the deal