With the unofficial last day of summer behind us, fall is inching closer and closer. To kickstart the pumpkin spice latte season, we're uncovering a coiffure from the archives: Faye Dunaway's finger waves bob from the 1974 murder mystery, Chinatown. When you're ready to trade in your beach waves for a moody style that has vintage written all over it, try your hand at the finger waves how-to below.
- Prep the hair with OUAI Memory Mist Heat Protectant
- Create a deep center part
- Start by curling the top layer of hair using a 1-inch marcel curling iron, holding each section of hair out 45 degrees while the iron is horizontal
- Open and close the clamp along the length of each section until completing the whole head
- If you have short hair, worry less about the bottom section and focus on the top parts
- Set the ridges with no-crease clips and let the waves cool for 10 minutes
- Apply OUAI Finishing Crème where it’s frizzy