When a lazy day gets the best of your locks, look to Cher in the 1990 comedy drama Mermaids for a chic take on a messy updo. A refreshing departure from the stick-straight, seemingly endless strands the icon's known for, the off-duty updo makes it cameo during Cher's self-care scene in a bubble bath. And in case the bookworms are wondering, Cher's reading Peyton Place, the 1956 novel about three women who are forced to come to terms with their identity. Anyway, the updo perfectly balances the elements of effortlessness and coiffed to take you from self-care bath (don't forget to put in OUAI Treatment Masque) to brunch. Keep reading for steps on how to achieve the piled-high, lived-in hairstyle, ahead. No bangs? No problem. There's a solution to that.
- Prep dry hair with OUAI Dry Texture Foam, massaging in at the roots for instant lived-in texture
- Secure a high, loose bun with a hair tie or scrunchie, leaving out a few tendrils at the nape of the neck and sideburns
- Back brush select areas of your loose bun with the Sheila Stotts Removal Brush for lift
- If you're going for faux fringe, clip in The Hair Shop Clip-In V Bang
- Finish the look with a spritz of OUAI Medium Hair Spray (if you want the flyaways to stay put) or OUAI Hair & Body Shine Mist (if you want glossy shine)