We like French girl hair and we love Italian food so it's only natural that a timeless hairstyle result from the French-Italian 60's film Contempt starring our bouffant idol and creator of said timeless hairstyle, Brigitte Bardot. Based on the Italian novel Il disprezzo, the film was once considered the greatest work of art produced in postwar Europe, but we would argue the real masterpiece remains Brigitte's thick headband-adorned, wind-blown waves. Take your texture and vintage 80's headband to big heights with our steps to Bardot's texturized tresses, below.
- Prep damp hair with OUAI Volume Spray at roots and OUAI Soft Mousse from mid-lengths to ends
- Blow dry with Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer with Styling Concentrator, on medium heat and medium airflow, and a YS Park Round Brush
- Curl large sections with a 1.5” Hot Tools 24K Gold Marcel Iron
- Combine OUAI Matte Pomade with OUAI Hair Oil and apply to ends
- Finish with OUAI Dry Texture Foam for French girl grit
- Adorn with a thick headband in your favorite color
Shop Brigitte's headband bouffant below