If you have coarse or frizzy hair, chances are you steer clear of wave sprays because they just add to the problem. That was before OUAI Wave Spray. Our weightless texture mist is the key to effortless undone waves without the crunch or dryness that most wave sprays leave, thanks to what's inside. Coconut water hydrates dry strands and specialty rice protein creates workable texture. For a lesson on lived-in waves, press play above to see fashion photographer Shivani Sharma—who has coarse, frizzy hair—break down her styled waves (or follow the step-by-step below).
- Apply OUAI Hair Oil on freshly-washed hair then detangle with the Bellami Detangler Brush
- Rough dry the hair 75% with the Conair Turbo Dryer
- Clip hair into sections then roughly blow dry with a round brush
- Curl hair with Nume Classic Curling Wand 25 mm, taking 2.5-inch sections, leaving an inch of the ends out and curling away from the face
- Spray OUAI Wave Spray all over the ends of the hair for a subtle, damp look
- Finish with OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray on mid-lengths to ends
Shop the frizz-free waves ahead